You’ll perform general accounting functions to manage the financial affairs of the organization.
- Preparation of journal entries and coordinate month-end closing procedures, review accrual accounts for adequate balances, review trial balance and general ledger and prepare statements.
- Maintain the company’s system of accounts and keep books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Assist auditors in the preparation of the financial year end analysis.
- Analyze open account payable ledger to determine which vendors will receive payment for based upon the company cash flow allotted for the month.
- Evaluate and recommend policy and procedure changes effecting any financial aspect of the company.
- Process credit approvals for vendors.
- Monitor all account receivable and account payable transactions and interface with the general ledger to determine if any adjustments are necessary.
- Prepare account reconciliations on various balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and track capitalization calculations of labor, consultants, expense reports.
- Prepare cash account reconciliations
- Manage Construction-in-Process and fixed asset listings including booking depreciation entries
- BA or BS in Accounting
- Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across an organization
- Strong computer and analytical skills; including proficiency with Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent planning, interpersonal and communication skills