The Sales Engineer is a network design and product specialist who serves in a customer-facing role. Your primary responsibility is to help ensure that ExteNet is meeting the customer’s business requirements, from both a technical and business perspective. You’re also responsible for helping facilitate communication between the customer and ExteNet design engineering, program management and implementationorganizations to ensure that ExteNet resources are aligned. As a subject matter expert, you’ll have a solid understanding of the practical implications of various methodologies that may be used for designing and implementing networks to best address customer requirements. You’ll be familiar with a variety of technical concepts associated with network design such as link budgets, frequency planning, inter-system interference and propagation basics related to indoor/in-building distributed networks.
- Effectively communicate with customer technical and operational teams on the technical aspects associated with indoor and outdoor networks.
- Support the ExteNet Business Development team from a technical perspective in customer meetings.
- Help facilitate communication between the customer and ExteNet design engineering resources to ensure that all objectives are clearly established and understood.
- Communicate ExteNet design assumptions and methodologies to wireless service provider (WSP) clients.
- Effectively communicate WSP & CSP coverage objectives and design requirements with internal ExteNet organizations such as design engineering, implementation and regulatory personnel to ensure ExteNet resources are aligned to meet customer and business objectives.
- Interface with ExteNet engineering and program management resources to help establish project time lines, responsibilities and expectations for deliveries of various components for technical portion of the proposal.
- Review, with customer and ExteNet design engineering resources network designs and initiate any modifications and redesigns internally.
- Review Network License Agreements with WSP to ensure compliance with objectives.
- Review and evaluate progress and design changes and/or modifications with WSP.
- A 4-year engineering degree or equivalent experience
- A strong understanding of the wireless industry, specifically Wireless Service Providers
- Sales or product management experience
- Knowledge of network design engineering and wireless infrastructure equipment
- Ability to travel 50% to 60% or once or twice per week
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to solve problems and provide recommendations to meet customer requirements
- Familiarity with current wireless technologies (ie: GSM, UMTS and CDMA, PCS and AWS, 4G LTE, the future of 5G LTE)
- Familiar with wired technology OEMs (ie: Cogent, Comcast, L3COM)