The Program Manager plays a key role in managing a variety of internal and external resources involved in the company's
indoor and outdoor distributed antenna system (DAS) or Small Cell deployments.
Core responsibilities of this position include: coordinating the various operational teams to deliver quality proposals
in a timely fashion, providing overall program management support to the regional RF, Network engineering, Network Operations,
Legal, Finance, and Municipal organizations on their implementation projects, process development, national standards
and practices, and establishing training programs in support of the DAS and Small Cell deployment program.
This position's primary responsibility will be geographically assigned to the San Ramon, CA market, but may be called
upon to support initiatives in other regions on a project-by-project basis as workload demands, as well as operating on
The Program Manager reports to a regionally assigned Director of Program Management, and operates in a matrix to support
all the key teams across the company where needed.
Upon initiation of a proposal request by the sales organization, assemble a project team, conduct proposal kickoff and
coordinate team through the process of proposal development.
Work with sales engineering and the customer to ensure that contract terms match the final design, identify any final
pre-contract changes to the design, ensure that changes are communicated throughout the project team, and post final documents
Identify and track contract issues as they arise, ensuring that they are directed to the appropriate parties for resolution and
Provide regular written and verbal updates on project status to the project team and across the organization.
Manage scope changes throughout the implementation phase to ensure that changing customer requirements, as well as design changes
are communicated throughout the entire project team, reflected in the project scope and documentation, and communicated back to
the customer as needed.
Ensure regular project team communications via periodic team meetings and/or status reports. Bring project issues to the attention
of the regional Implementation Director and other interested leaders as needed.
Provide regular updates to the customer in accordance with contracted parameters and coordinated with Sales and Implementation.
Once construction is complete, coordinate network acceptance with customer. Capture outstanding issues and deliver to internal
organizations, ensure that remaining items are addressed and the project moves to the revenue stage.
- Minimum seven years project management experience in a technology deployment environment handling a number of simultaneous projects and operating at a manager level.
- PMP preferred. At minimum, candidate must have a solid working knowledge of PMBOK® best practices, with a background of leveraging formal project management tools in an operational environment.
- Experience working in an engineering, operations or product management role with wireless systems and/or fiber optics communications. Specific experience with both indoor and outdoor distributed antenna systems and/or carrier experience are highly desirable.
- Sales Engineering experience or other customer interface experience is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience working in a technology organization, plus Bachelor of Science (technical degree preferred) or a combination of equivalent work experience and education.
- Strong communications skills with a polished ability to communicate both formally and informally with multiple, distinct audiences, including internal teams, senior management, customers, contractors, and external resources.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio). GIS and CAD Experience a plus.