The Executive Director, Implementation will have overarching responsibility for the Indoor Implementation of all Small Cell and Distributed Antenna System projects in the Western Region of the United States. The Executive Director will oversee all aspects of budgeting, planning, management of vendor selection, construction management and client communications to ensure well-designed networks are delivered to the customers on time and within budget. This role is newly created due to growth in the Western Region of the US. Your team of Implementation Directors and Managers will be supported by peer organizations providing Program Management, RF Design, External Relations, and Network Operations.
- The primary area of focus for the Executive Director of Implementation will be the successful implementation of networks within time and budget constraints.
- You’ll build strong relationships both internally and externally to facilitate successful customer relationships, and travel (40-50%) to meet and work with clients and partners.
- You’ll also oversee, expedite and approve the work conducted by your team including:
- Overall systems validation, performance and optimization through customer acceptance
- Coordination of RF coverage testing after installation
- Fiber and RF network interconnection
- Contractor selection and supervision
- Site build verification and acceptance
- Generation of project scope of work
- Engagement with HR and external recruiting firms to staff projects
- Recommendation of system troubleshooting as necessary
- Coordination and confirmation of RF coverage testing after installation
- Submit system acceptance reports and other relevant documentations
- This position requires demonstrated and applied experience relative to telecom networks
- A history of successfully assuming a leadership role in a multi-tiered organization
- An ability to develop and articulate the company vision, strategy, and tactics to a diverse group of stakeholders which include employees, management, current and potential customers
- An ability to express complex technical issues in clear non-technical language
- Demonstrates strong listening skills and creativity
- The flexibility to successfully work within a rapidly growing entrepreneurial organization
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the role of each functional department and their relative impact on company initiatives
- PMP Certification is strongly preferred
Key Evaluation Factors:
- You are well-connected within the wireless and fiber industry and have successful working relationships with network construction contractors and wireless carriers while implementing fiber and wireless networks in the Western Region of the US.
- You are an individual who takes initiative, empowers people to get results, is flexible, demanding, possesses very good communication skills, and can successfully manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and strong organizational skills.
- You will have a very good knowledge of sports and entertainment and multi-tenant building wireless and fiber networks and deep experience in deployment of those networks.
- While a college degree would be helpful, your relevant industry experience is equally valuable and is required in lieu of a BA/BS. An MBA is a plus.
Measure of Success:
The delivery of wireless system elements that are; timely, on budget, responsive to customer needs, meet community and regulatory requirements, and deliver service at or above customer expectations.