The Senior Manager of Network Engineering and Implementation reports to the Director, Network Engineering and Implementation, and plays a key role in managing resources involved in the company’s Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and Small Cell Network deployments. The Senior Manager of Network Engineering and Implementation is responsible for vendor alignment, selection management, oversight, dispute resolution and business processes associated with the network design and implementation of ExteNet DAS and Small Cell Networks throughout an assigned geography. He/she ensures the timely collection, verification, validation of project data is accurately completed, collated and regularly distributed to internal teams and customized for delivery to customers. Identify negative trends and forecasted schedule deviations identified through the project lifecycle, prepare mitigation and escalation plans and execute corrective measures as reasonable or appropriate to ensure the timely completion of all DAS and small cell network deployments under his/her span of control. The Sr. Manager of Network Engineering and Implementation coordinates and leads the production and delivery of all project related communications, meetings and presentations to Senior Management and operates as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for network implementation matters with ExteNet DAS and Small Cell network customers on a local and regional level.
Responsible for the design, costing, budgeting and reporting of all DAS and small cell network projects.
Prepares and facilitates remedial action plans and escalations by and between ExteNet and the ILEC and Electric Utilities required for all Make Ready actions and electrical coordination issues
- Provides support to internal groups including subject matter expertise and facilities the identification and allocation of resources and personnel.
7+ years of project / program management experience◦Understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology or extensive, relevant project experience
- Proven track record of defining project scope and objectives, managing deliverables and budgets, setting and delegating team priorities, tracking progress against milestones, identifying/mitigating risks, and reporting to senior management, ideally in both wireless or landline carrier and vendor side positions.
- Exemplary communications skills with an polished ability to work with, facilitate meetings with, and present to multiple, distinct audiences (internal teams, senior management, customers, contractors, external resources)
- Demonstrated problem solving and risk mitigation abilities
- 7+ years of telecom (wireless / wireline) or construction industry project experience◦Design engineering or tactical planning responsibilities
- Design and construction of Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and or small cell networks or medium to large scale fiber deployments
- Management of contractor and utility company resources
- Bachelor of Science (technical degree preferred) or a combination of equivalent work experience and educational background.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio) GIS and CAD Experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Program / Project Management experience operating with management responsibilities and operations across multiple geographic service areas.