Reporting to the National Director, Planning & Development, the Regional Director, External Relations will contribute to the mission of the External Relations team, which is to “Efficiently fulfill the jurisdictional requirements and other assigned responsibilities necessary to allow ExteNet to implement (outdoor) DAS networks per committed schedules.” This position will contribute on all aspects of ExteNet’s jurisdictional activities, policies, objectives and key strategic initiatives. These elements correspond primarily to outdoor distributed antenna system networks to be installed. Responsibilities will include preparing jurisdictional analyses that become part of the proposal submissions to customers. Duties will include the maintenance and accuracy of the External Relations (Municipal) input and reports in the Project Tracker data base for assigned networks.
- Plan and execute on assigned network jurisdictional responsibilities from proposal stage through the completion of jurisdictional approvals allowing ExteNet’s implementation team to begin construction per schedule
- Forecast as accurately as possible approval milestone dates, and communicate on a timely basis when forecast dates are expected to slip
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers, and bring in the appropriate executive management and technical team members where and when needed.
- Be willing to travel, often time with short notice to various regional locations.
- Possess experience with evaluating and making crisp clear decisions on a daily basis and to communicate those decisions effectively to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep the Vice President, External Relations apprised of jurisdictional schedule issues, resource allocations, vendor sourcing recommendations, Project Tracker enhancements and various other items that require management knowledge and input.
- Keep up to date on new and advances in technology and applications that may impact the jurisdictional process.
- Attend municipal, county and other jurisdictional hearings and meetings where appropriate.
- Manage qualified outside vendors when needed to perform certain jurisdictional activities, such as NEPA SHPO and Tribal compliance, permit processing and submittals, site walks and other consultative items.
- Participate in external relations themed trade shows and professional development activities.
- Present willingness to perform tasks beyond standard goals and objectives
- Manage and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines while also highlighting risks and implementing contingency plans.
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and understand colleagues.
- Possess an energetic, positive and assertive attitude.
- Present the ability to relate and gain the respect of cross functional teams that are not direct reports. Work effectively in a team/matrix environment.
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and creativity while making major contributions towards the continuing success of ExteNet Systems, Inc
- Hold the highest standards of integrity in all dealings with others.
- Coordinate with Legal and/or the applicable Engineering function (with and through the Vice President, External Relations) when necessary to close gaps in required information such as regulatory status, utility joint use agreement impact on jurisdictional approvals, franchise and ROW agreements, unusual easement and cost situations, etc.
- With the Vice President, External Relations continue to cultivate relationships and resources with SBA
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited College or University
- Jurisdictional planning background within the State of California
- Legal background in real estate or governmental relations
- Multi-level relationships within the telecommunications industry
- Strong presentation skills and agility with Microsoft Office.
- Solid understanding of basics of Photoshop Elements, CAD, XMap or similar type programs .