The primary focus of the Regional Director, External Relations - Infrastructure is to contribute toward the mission of the External Relations (ER) team, which is to “Efficiently fulfill the jurisdictional requirements and other assigned responsibilities necessary to allow ExteNet to implement outdoor Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and small cell networks per committed schedules”. This position will contribute to all aspects of ExteNet’s activities, policies, objectives, and key strategic initiatives related to the acquisition, negotiation, and administration of infrastructure attachment, right-of-way (ROW) access, and franchise agreements with utilities, municipalities, and other infrastructure and ROW owners, private property easements, and other types of agreements necessary for ExteNet to secure the necessary rights and entitlements to deploy outdoor DAS and small cell networks. Responsibilities will include preparation of utility summaries and rights and entitlement analyses for inclusion in proposal submissions to customers, identification of and initial contact with infrastructure and ROW owners, and negotiation, critical review, and analysis of necessary agreements. Create an ER budget associated with the Cost Estimate in response to RFPs from customers. Manage costs to those budgets for awarded projects. The Director will be responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of the External Relations - Infrastructure information in a comprehensive Project Tracker database and in subject- and area-specific trackers and reports.
- Plan and execute on assigned network rights and entitlements responsibilities from proposal stage through the execution of agreements, allowing ExteNet’s implementation team to begin construction per schedule
- Work with Implementation and other teams to acquire private property easements where needed, and communicate the financial and other terms thereof
- Order and interpret title reports and surveys, where necessary
- Administer, interpret and mediate where needed on rights and entitlements agreements where the expertise and knowledge of this position is important
- Accurately forecast agreement acquisition and execution milestone dates, and communicate on a timely basis when delays are expected or occur
- Forecast any external costs associated with the rights and entitlements agreement procurement, including any third party costs (outsourced vendors) and non-recurring and recurring costs embedded in the agreements themselves (e.g., costs associated with private property easements)
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing with internal colleagues and external customers, and bring in the appropriate executive management and technical team members where and when needed
- Be willing to travel, as reasonably required to fulfill required responsibilities and duties of the position
- Evaluate matters and make clear, well-reasoned and supported decisions on a daily basis, and communicate those decisions effectively to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep the National Director, External Relations - Infrastructure apprised of all rights and entitlement contract issues, resource allocations, vendor sourcing recommendations, Project Tracker
- Keep up to date on new advances in technology and applications and overall Company strategy that may impact the rights and entitlements procurement process
- Attend infrastructure owner meetings, jurisdictional hearings, and other related meetings where appropriate and necessary to support the External Relations Municipal Directors
- Identify, qualify, and manage ER outside vendors when needed to assist in the acquisition, negotiation and administration of the various rights and entitlement agreements
- Participate in external relations themed trade shows and professional development activities where appropriate for the furtherance of the team and Company goal
- Present willingness to perform tasks beyond standard goals and objectives
- Manage and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines while also highlighting risks and implementing contingency plans
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate, and understand colleagues
- Possess an energetic, positive, and assertive attitude
- Present the ability to relate and gain the respect of cross functional teams that are not direct reports
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, and creativity while contributing significantly toward the continued success of ExteNet Systems, Inc.
- Hold the highest standards of integrity in all dealings with others
- Coordinate with Legal and/or the applicable Engineering teams (with and through the National Director, External Relations - Infrastructure) when necessary to close gaps in required information such as regulatory status, technical requirements for utility joint use agreements, impact of the various agreements on jurisdictional approvals, franchise and ROW agreements, unusual easement and cost situations, etc.
- Education: Juris Doctor (J.D.) from ABA-accredited Law School
- Utility joint use/attachment or jurisdictional planning background is preferred
- A legal background with experience focused on real estate or land use, or agreement acquisition and negotiation in the wireless pole attachment or right of way access arenas, or governmental relations is preferred
- Possess multi-level relationships within the telecommunications and/or utility industries
- Strong presentation skills and agility with Microsoft Office