ExteNet Systems plans, builds, operates and owns an extensive portfolio of neutral-host, multi operator distributed wireless networks (DAS, Small Cell and WIFI) throughout North America which are leased to mobile service providers.
ExteNet owns and operates carrier class 24x7x365 network operations centers.
The Global Services function within ExteNet Systems has responsibility to commission, monitor, operate and maintain the distributed networks and network assets in our portfolio to carrier grade network availability, performance and security SLAs.
As an integral part of our Network Operations team, the NOC Engineer is responsible to:
- Provide support of wireless networking infrastructure by interfacing directly with customers, customer NOCs, field service partners and OEMs
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external teams.
- Support the development of standards related to Network Operations processes, tools and best practices.
- Configure VPN, Wireless technologies, routers, switches, system security and firewalls
- Identify, coordinate and document preventive, proactive and corrective maintenance requirements.
- Plan, execute and supervise planned network maintenance projects such as software or hardware upgrades, network expansion and data collection activities.
- Perform troubleshooting, technical support and technical problem resolution
- Perform coordination and hands-on management of outage restoration efforts including the organizing and leading of joint outage conference bridges with customer, vendors and partner teams
- Ability to effectively communicate complex problems, issues, and solutions to customers, vendors, partners and peers.
- This position includes frequent direct customer interfacing, communication and coordination.
- Candidate must be a collaborative team player in our matrix organization, with an open, engaging, inclusive approach to communications and assignments.
- Demonstrated success in a role within a 24x7x365 operational support center including hands-on approach to managing outages and service restorations is required.
- Conveying a strong sense of urgency, responsiveness, follow-through and successfully managing outcomes are critical to the success in this role.
- Participation in a 24/7 On Call rotation will be expected once essential training is completed.