The Implementation Manager, plays a key role in managing resources involved in the company’s Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and Small Cell Network deployments. The Implementation Manager is responsible for vendor alignment and oversight, dispute resolution and business processes associated with the network design and implementation of ExteNet DAS and Small Cell Networks. He/she ensures the timely collection, verification, validation of project data is accurately completed, collated and regularly distributed to internal teams and customized for delivery to customers and internal distribution. Identify negative trends and forecasted schedule deviations identified through the project lifecycle, prepare mitigation and escalation plans and execute corrective measures as reasonable or appropriate to ensure the timely completion of all DAS and small cell network deployments under his/her span of control. Work will be conducted primarily outdoors, at multiple project sites in various locations.
- Prepares and facilitates remedial action plans and escalations by and between ExteNet and the ILEC and Electric Utilities and other pole owners, as required, for all Make Ready actions and electrical coordination issues and all other issues as identified as part of the pre-, active, and post-construction process.
- Provides support to internal groups including subject matter expertise and facilities regarding the identification and allocation of resources and personnel.
7+ years of Project / Program Management experience
- Understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology or extensive, relevant project experience.
- Proven track record of defining project scope and objectives, managing deliverables, tracking progress against milestones, identifying/mitigating risks, and reporting to project team, ideally in both wireless or landline carrier and vendor side positions.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and risk mitigation abilities and construction management history.
7+ years of telecom (wireless / wireline) or construction industry project experience
- Engineering or tactical planning responsibilities.
- Construction of Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and or small cell networks or medium to large scale fiber deployments. Macro construction planning, management and oversight also acceptable.
- Management of contractor and utility company resources.
- Bachelor of Science (technical degree preferred) or a combination of equivalent work experience and educational background
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio). GIS and CAD Experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Program / Project Management experience operating with management responsibilities and operations across multiple geographic service areas.
- Ability to walk on foot for long distances within and between outdoor project sites.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions.