The Applications Integration Engineer is responsible for software integration, external interface development, and all activities related to code development. The selected candidate will design and develop all aspects of data conversion, code individual modules, and complex functions. S/he will design and develop application tables, panels and reports for projects, and assist less experienced analysts. Proficiency in advanced concepts of relational data management, and proven project leadership across multiple constituencies, is necessary and expected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a team member and function, when assigned, as a project lead throughout the entire the life cycle of the development process including project planning, gathering actual results and project status. Able to use project management software and techniques as a planning and reporting method for the life cycle of assigned projects.
- Possess sufficient understanding of business areas and/or functions necessary to successfully undertake technical analysis, design construction and implementation.
- Code solutions to problems using a structured approach, keeping in mind long term maintainability and quick accessibility
- Test coded solutions properly against customer acceptance criteria to ensure a quality application
- Document consistently and accurately on all application projects. All documentation (new development and maintenance) should be complete, understandable and accessible.
- Communicate and maintain a productive working relationship with user base of product/service line as well as all appropriate parties to an assignment, both internal and external to IS.
- Report appropriate and correct status to project leadership, manager and Director.
- Improve technical knowledge and advocate innovative technologies when appropriate for projects.
Principal Areas of Responsibility (Percent of Time)
|System Integration Design
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required
Seeking 6+ years, team experience around Business Processes Analysis, Project Management and Planning. Must be able to utilize interpersonal skills with clients, peers, various ad-hoc teams, and management/leadership. Effective communication skills focus on collaboratively identifying potential solutions and effectively communicating benefits and risks. Individual must be motivated and capable of contributing in a fast-paced environment while maintain quality of performance.
- Operating Environment: Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Cloud Framework, Client/Server, PC Development Tools, Internet/Intranet.
- Database: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SSIS, Entity Frameworks, Cloud Development Microsoft Azure
- Business Intelligence and Reporting: Excel, Microsoft SSRS, Power BI
- Microsoft Platforms: Dynamics 365 and Microsoft SharePoint
- Methodology: Project management Techniques familiarity with Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Application Development, Product Life Cycle Phases, Client Server/Distributed Application Design & Development, Internet/Intranet Application Design & Development, Enterprise Security models, High Level Data Definition Techniques
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience; Masters preferred.