The Manager, Spares & Logistics will plan and coordinate the acquisition, warehousing, and distribution of services spares needed to support the ongoing maintenance and operations for distributed networks throughout the United States and Canada.
This includes services spares forecasting, inventory management, usage tracking, and supporting daily field operations. Individual must be customer service oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
This position will ensure all internal and external logistics processes, product, material and information flows are in place that are required to meet customer service level agreements (SLA) and internal budget requirements.
This individual will work with Logistics partners and 3rd party contractors to ensure RMAs are submitted in a timely fashion for repair and replacements of services spares.
Supports internal staff and departments to ensure the appropriate business processes are in place to effectively procure, manage and control services spares to support Network Operations.
Strong team player and collaboration in a matrix organization and an open, engaging and inclusive communications style is essential.
Demonstrated experience in Logistics inventory and materials management.
Conveying a strong sense of urgency, responsiveness, follow-through and successfully managing outcomes are critical to success in this role.
- Act as a liaison between, 3rd party contractors, vendors, depots, warehouse facilities, and on-site storage locations on a daily basis.
- Coordination of services spares, including inventory verification, order processing and fulfillment
- Monitors the return material authorization (RMA) with vendors per requirements of vendor agreements
- Demonstrated ability to conduct data collection and assess, measure and report findings
- Ensures timely vendor repair/replenishment of spares equipment
- Assists in all aspects of order management to include order processing, procurement, logistics coordination/tracking, validation of bill of material (BOM) and proof of delivery for initial network spares equipment and field replacements
- Assure that all documents are accurate according to industry standards, procedures and regulations
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety/security laws and policies
- Identifies appropriate restocking levels for critical equipment and passive components
- Effectively communicate across functional groups and departments
- Ability to consolidate and develop inventory, tracking and usage reporting to management
- Establishes policies, processes and controls the efficient flow of information in order to meet customer requirements
- Evaluates processes for maintaining inventory accuracy and recommend process improvements
- Conduct trends analysis, provide guidance and input for improvement to the RMA process as well as the system and tools used to track, maintain, and control serialized equipment / financially significant assets.
- Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives
- Work with Global Services personnel to determine discrepant or obsolete equipment/parts that should be scrapped
- Must demonstrate an ability to conduct data collection and measurement activities utilizing standard and metric systems.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies
- Review national, or regional logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities
- Work with 3rd Party Contractors to verify status of available inventory, condition, and status
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5-7 years of experience in the wireless telecommunications industry
- 7-10 years of experience in Logistics and/or Materials Management
- Experience / knowledge in using warehouse management systems
- Analytical skills with ability to interpret data, make recommendations and influence decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to interface with customers and carriers at various levels
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to evaluate multiple solutions to make sound decisions
- Detail oriented, strong computer skills and the ability to maintain focus with changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems management, lead time management, and bar coding systems is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Visio and Access
- Highly motivated, flexible, organized with a focus on successfully accomplishing the requirements of the job
- OSHA training certification preferred