The Service Operations Manager is responsible for developing and managing strategic programs to ensure the successful execution of field services and sub-contractor ongoing maintenance activities and/or repair services for indoor/outdoor distributed networks throughout the United States. Network maintenance will be associated with active RF electronics and fiber, as well as the following types of auxiliary equipment: HVAC Systems, Cooling Towers, DC Power Systems, Battery Systems, and Fire Protection Systems. This includes customer-facing communications and relationship management; oversight of 3rd party service suppliers supporting work activity and the ongoing management of project scope, schedules and financials.
- Develop and manage maintenance programs and projects in compliance with ExteNet’s contractual obligations, collaborating with Professional Services, Field Operations and Network Operations teams to ensure long-term performance of ExteNet’s on-air distributed networks.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables, communicating program/project status internally and externally, and managing overall expectations with stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain full-scale, detailed project plans to be used in tracking project milestones and deliverables.
- Manage the scope, costs, and scheduling of planned maintenance programs and activities.
- Oversight of Field Service Supplier performance, leading ongoing status calls and ensuring open communications.
- Ensure appropriate change management processes, communications, and training (where applicable) are in place for any changes in project scope.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Perform risk and issue management, escalate when necessary, communicate impacts, and take corrective action steps as needed.
- Support customer and internal stakeholder reviews and reporting requirements, presenting quarterly and annual results of maintenance activities of associated networks as needed.
- Provide senior management with regular updates of network maintenance results.
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develop solutions to program problems, and direct work of incumbents assigned to program from various departments.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships with service suppliers vital to the success of the strategic programs.
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 10 years of experience in the wireless telecommunications industry
- 10 years of experience in external customer facing communications and relationship management
- 7 years of wireless and transport services fulfillment management
- 5 years of extensive experience in technology based services partner / vendor management
- Demonstrated ability to interpret contracts, identify company responsibilities and customer entitlements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to write and edit business and commercial documents
- Experience developing services policies and processes
- Services P&L management, budgeting, planning and administration experience
- Experience working in an emerging growth technology services company
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Proficient with MS Office applications, SharePoint, and Visio
- PMP Certification preferred